Monday, December 4, 2006

Poetry Corner

Protest of a Marginalised Prince

I am mightier than my frame,
An object of self fame
I am double my height,
Twice heavier than my weight
I am sharper than my quotient,
And double the resistance of my strength.

My anger is danger, smaller by the judgement of a naked eye
But I am the configuration of the true reality
I am a priori, shrunk to match the expectations of my detractors.

I live my dreams fully; my spirit is my true source of inspiration
The unfailing push and pull factor
Strings of expectation tethered INTO
Bondages of orientation.

I am what I am, Me and I,
The alpha and zeta of my being,
I am mightier than strength,
I am belief and dream
Hope and paroxysm!
Women crave after me,
I who has God given blessings to plough and reap
And crush the harvest into dough
Flowers blooming as I eat the flour
I who sees the climate come and the weather change
And knows that when grass begins to wither
Cows won’t wean their calves.

My arms have muscles, the biceps and triceps that everyone may have
Yet mine are special, made to the last and final capability!

Julius Sai Mutyambizi-Dewa

No comments: