Monday, November 22, 2010

THE CHRISTMAS RHAPSODY: JULIUS SAI MUTYAMBIZI-DEWA

Come you Christmas time, I live to see it another while,
I married my wife around this time
And attached to her my father’s name
Hoping to change a lot in the life ahead
To end the strife and walk the mile
I sat her right in the middle of the house
She took the veil and sung a song
As she fought to catch my mother’s eye!

Come you Christmas time, and see my lips smile again
I had my son around this time
He came to the world with a commanding voice
A voice that hid a double tone
He swore at his mother for chasing him
Away from the womb that had kept him for several months
And thanked her too for freeing him
From the captivity of an unchanging womb!

Come you Christmas time, and take me to a world afar
I made my name around this time
And attached to it my endless zeal
Refusing again to let it go
For around this time I make a vow
I watch the clouds and watch the sky
As my heart decides again!

Come you Christmas time, the world at large waits for you
They wait in vain for the rising star,
He comes, she comes on Christmas time
To make a claim with a Christmas Number One
Millions flock to hear the song
As history records the day and time forever more
Prospects snatched, prestige claimed
As I claim my Christmas time!

JULIUS SAI MUTYAMBIZI-DEWA

No comments: